What We Believe The Bible is the only inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16). There is one God, who has always existed as three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 3: 16, 17).
We believe that:
• Jesus is the Son of God
• Jesus was born of a virgin
• Jesus was sinless
• Jesus healed people and performed miracles when He was living on the earth
• Jesus was punished and executed for the sins and sickness of mankind
• Jesus physically rose up from the dead
• Jesus ascended to the right hand of God the Father and, He will return to earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years (Matthew 16:16, 1 Corinthians 15:3-6; Matthew 24:30)
The only way for God to forgive us of our sin is if we are ‘born again’ - meaning not only born physically from our mothers but also born spiritually. We are ‘born again’ by accepting and believing in the work and person of Jesus Christ and then asking God for forgiveness. (1 Peter 1:18,19) Jesus Christ’s redemptive work on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer (1 Peter 2:24).
The Holy Spirit baptizes those who ask for it. When this happens we enable the wonderful Spirit of God to pray through us otherwise known as ‘praying in the Spirit’ or ‘speaking in tongues’ (Acts 2:4, 39).
The power and presence of the Holy Spirit dwelling inside Christians enables them to live a holy life (Galatians 5:16). The gifts of the Spirit are supernatural abilities given by God to believers to minister effectively and miraculously in particular situations (1 Corintians 12).
Gateway Family Church is affliated with The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.